Hey elfette! It seems like everyone dreads taking their back-to-school portraits! Trust me, you're not the only one who fears it. You're probably wondering what outfit to put together, how to do your hair, if you should smile or not…(show teeth or not)… and worst of all, what if you break out the night before? Portrait day doesn't have to be so stressful with e.l.f. Cosmetics, because I've got some awesome recommendations for you to try out. I want to make sure your gorgeous face shines through in every shot!
TIP 1: USE MATTES
Matte finished products are great when you're being photographed. They help to reduce shine, excess oil and allow your skin to look flawless especially if you've got acne.
• Try applying a single shadow color to your lid, like the e.l.f. Mineral Loose Shadow in Temptress. Too much color on the eyes can be distracting, especially if it's bright or not blended well.
• Dust the face with a bit of the e.l.f. Mineral Pressed Powder as your foundation. Try the e.l.f. Studio Powder Brush for even application! Not into using matte foundation? no problem! Try a bit of the e.l.f. Studio Translucent Mattifying Powder over your liquid or cream base, to reduce shine.
• Lips can make quite a statement in photos! Don't be afraid to use a color that might be slightly out of your comofrt zone, because it will show up less severe in photos. I try to use a shade or two deeper than what I use on a daily basis, if I know cameras a re flashing! Trust me, it works. Try the e.l.f. Studio Matte Lip Colors! They stay put and are way less likely to get on your teeth before you smile.
TIP 2: ADD A LITTLE COLOR
A bit more blush than your usual routine can take your photo from drab to pretty!
• Try a slightly brighter pink or red blush to enhance your cheeks, like the e.l.f. Studio Blush in Pink Passion.
• Add a little bronzer around your forehead, jawline and nose to prevent your skin from lookiong too pale.
• Again, use a lip color you don't have to worry about smearing, like the e.l.f. Studio Lip Stain!
Hope these tips help you take FAB school portraits! What's YOUR favorite e.l.f. product to wear at school?