Unless you’re headed to the Caribbean, there’s a slight chance you’ll be without a tan this winter. Unfortunately, it happens to the best of us. Although sometimes fake tans are obvious, when done right you can achieve beautiful results.
1. Start by priming the face with moisturizer. Let it sink into the skin for about 10-20 minutes.
2. Apply liquid foundation in your shade with a damp sponge to naturally flawless application. Make sure this color matches the color on your neck.
3. Next, take a cream foundation in a color 2-4 shades darker than yours and draw a thin line from your ear to until right under the pupil of your eye (try using your fingers). Using the same sponge, blend the line out completely. It’s okay if the color is blended onto the cheeks, because naturally our cheeks tan. Follow these instructions for the other side of the face.
4. Using a tiny amount of that same cream foundation, lightly apply to the nose, temples, and forehead. Blend out with the sponge.
5. Apply a blush with red undertones (not pink or peach) across cheeks for that sunburnt look. Try our studio Blush in ‘Blushing Rose.’
6. Apply HD powder to the T-Zone (forehead, nose and chin) and leave cheeks dewy so you don’t look too made up.
7. Enjoy your faux glow!
What tips and tricks do you use to stay tanned in the winter?
-Patti, contributing elfette