What someone carries in their handbag says a lot about a person! And while fall beckons with busy social obligations it's important to make sure your handbag is geared up to transition from work to happy hour to dinner without skipping a beat.
Here's my handbag survival guide!
1. e.l.f. Essentials Eyeliner Pen in Black – Wake up any tired eyes with a bold, dark liner across the top natural lash line. Bonus points for winging out at the end! The wings naturally give your eyes the illusion of being wider than they are.
2. e.l.f. Mineral Infused Mascara – This is my go-to mascara for volume! My eyelashes are super long and usually have a hard-time with the concept of curling up. The Mineral Infused Mascara makes my lashes look long, curled with tons of volume. It's like I've faked False Eyelashes on a daily basis!
3. e.l.f. Studio Glossy Gloss in Dragonfruit – Dragonfruit is one of those colors that can be worn with ANYTHING. Whether you're going casual with a little v-neck tee and skinny jeans or your favorite LBD (little black dress)
4. Mason Pearson Mini Brush – This hair brush is a LIFE SAVER! It distributes your hairs natural oils evenly and gives a two day old blowout the just blown out look! You can also give your hair a shot of volume by back combing (something we southern girls like to call teasing) at the roots.
5. Bobbi Pins – Speaking of blowouts, you never know when yours could get ruined from the environmental elements of rain, humidity, etc. One that happens there's almost no turning back so instead of running around town with frizz opt for a chic high bun or a low bun with some top volume. This hides the frizz and gives off the vibe that you actually planned this 'do and left the house that way this morning. 😉
6. iPhone – Seriously, what did I do before the iPhone? Dinner plans change last minute? No prob! Just type the new restaurant into google and voila, you're on your way to the new restaurant in no time. Can't think of that amazing band that sings the song about the "pumped up kicks?" No problem! Type it into your iPhone and you're totally impressing the cute cousin of your bff with your knowledge of the indie music scene's newest darling's Foster the People.
7. Tic Tac in Mint – Noone likes bad breath. Enough said.
8. Welch's Fruit Snacks – These fruit snacks are my favorite snack! They are low in calories and packed full of vitamins (especially Vitamin C) and tackle any sweet tooth.
9. e.l.f. Studio Radiance Enhancer – You can apply this under the eyes to give you a wake up shimmer or on the cheeks to give a quick and effective highlight. The best news is that it's the size of a pen and so easy to carry around!
10. Good book – I'm currently reading Lauren Weisberger's Last Night at the Chateau Marmont (I fell in love with her writing after I read The Devil Wears Prada)! If you're stuck on the subway, outside your professors office or have nice long lunch breaks, it's relaxing (and fun!) to knock out a few chapters and escape the hecticness of the real world.
What do you carry in your bag?!
Brittany (e.l.f. Social Media Maven)