Your skin care routine doesn’t have to be a chore. All you have to do is find products that work well for your skin and make it a habit to use them. It’s just that simple! And we’re here to help you find hassle free skin care products that leave your skin looking healthy and nourished!
Skincare for Dry Skin
While there are many contributing reasons for dry skin, it all comes down to your oil glands. Oil glands struggle to produce enough sebum, which locks the moisture into your skin. Need a little extra help keeping your face moisturized? Here’s our recommended dry skincare routine:
- Wash your face with a soap free, sulfate free cleanser like the Nourishing Oil to Foam Cleanser. This soap free formula will keep your skin’s natural oils from being swept away.
- Before applying moisturizer, use a toner to smooth and prep your skin to absorb and lock in all that moisture! Try using the Hydrating Water Essence for a refreshed and smooth base.
- After your hydrating toner has had time to sink into the deeper layers of your skin, follow up with a protective SPF moisturizer.
- To keep makeup flawless all day long, opt for a hydrating mist, which provides relief and rejuvenation to your skin.
- Last but not least! Apply the e.l.f. Hydrating Gel mask once or twice a week for deep, nourishing moisture that hydrates the deepest layers of your skin.
Skincare for Oily or Combination Skin
Combination skin tends to have both dry and oily spots. For example, an oily T-zone is common among combination skin types. This means that you won’t be able to use highly moisturizing products across oily areas without risking a breakout. To prevent that from happening, here’s a helpful routine:
- You may be tempted to scrub your oiliness away, but that’s only going to aggravate the dry areas and cause your skin to overcompensate its oil production. The key is to use an oil free, soap free cleanser. Our Micellar Cleansing Water is oil and alcohol free, so it gently treats both the skin’s dry and oily areas.
- Oily skin areas are more prone to clogged pores and acne. You can prevent this by using a Gentle Peeling Exfoliant on those problem areas.
- When it’s time to moisturize, we recommend using two moisturizers. One heavier moisturizer like the Nourishing Night Cream on your dry skin and a lighter, water based moisturizer like the Prep & Hydrate Balm for your oily areas. (You can even use this hydrating balm as a hydrating primer for your makeup.)
Skincare for Anti-Aging Skin
Avoid those wrinkles, spots, and discoloration with a little love and tender care! No matter your age, start the fight to keep your skin looking hydrated and healthy. Here’s what we recommend:
- Sunscreen is vital for all of us! It’s the number one product that prevents signs of aging. Apply an enriching SPF moisturizer or another sunscreen product whenever you plan to go out in the sun.
- Cleanse sensitive skin with an antioxidant rich cleanser. Our Hydrating Gel Melt Cleanser is gentle on all skin types and is packed with hydrating extracts and antioxidant vitamin C. Antioxidants prevent sweat and pollution from reacting with your skin, keeping new wrinkles at bay.
- You need to lock in moisture to maintain supple, youthful skin. Get yourself a Hydrating Serum that nourishes with vitamins and antioxidants, while also strengthening your protective skin barrier.
- Give your skin a moisture replenishing boost at night with a Nourishing Night Cream or a Moisturizing Sleeping Mask. Night treatments are even more effective because your skin works harder to repair itself at night. This routine will have you waking up with bright, healthy looking skin.
Try one of these hassle-free skin care routines and enjoy hydrated skin for any occasion. And, don’t forget to #playbeautifully!