Source: Celebrity Photo Book, Zimbio, NY Daily News
We can’t believe that not even 10 years ago, women bronzed and tanned this much! Admittedly this is a bad look, but there are ways you can make it pretty and modern for today! Now that we’re coming into spring, it’s the perfect time to start breaking out your bronzer again. Here are some tips to getting the perfect, natural glow:
1) As a rule of thumb, it’s best to start light and gradually build up in layers so that you can control how much bronzer you want.
2) Pick a bronzer that is around 2-3 shades darker than your natural, untanned skin tone. Remember, you can build it up if you feel like you need a little more color during the summer.
3) Sweep the same bronzer you used on your face onto eyes or brow bone to give a seamless, natural glow.
4) If you’re using a liquid or cream foundation, consider using a cream based bronzer or even a concealer (like our Studio Complete Coverage Concealer) a few shades darker as a bronzer. If you use powder or mineral foundation, use a powder bronzer. (Note: You can use a liquid foundation with a powder bronzer if you set the foundation with translucent powder–such as our Studio HD Powder–before applying the bronzer.)
5) Shimmer bronzer can be gorgeous but be careful not to go overboard! Apply it mainly on your cheekbones, brow bone and temple and use a light hand. A fan brush is a great tool for applying shimmer bronzer because it won’t pick up too much product and will give a light dusting of color.
Here are some other celebs who’ve gotten bronzer right in recent years!
Source: BellaSugar, Pointy Shoe Crew, BellaSugar