Valentine's Day is right around the corner and every year we are clueless when it comes to gift ideas. What can I buy for my sweetie this year? Or better yet, what do we buy for the guy or girl who has everything?! Here are some ideas you can't put a price on…
1. Homemade Hot Cocoa: This can be found at any farmers market and some fun loving grocery stores. It's the perfect way to warm up and snuggle with your significant other by the fire place. Cant find any homemade goods? Make it at home together with this easy at-home recipe.
2. A Romantic Dinner: Tired of going out to the same old restaurant? Surprise him/her with a delicious home cooked meal. Find any recipe on the Food Network website and don't forget to pair your meal with a bottle of wine! For those of you in it for the long run, I'd suggest the Engagement Chicken 😉
3. Write A Love Letter: A classic way to celebrate love is with a handwritten love letter. Write it before February 14th and hide it in your sweeties purse or briefcase to find the day of. This gift is easy, inexpensive, and the perfect way to say 'I Love You'. Sign it with a personalized lip stick pucker stamp and don't be afraid to get creative with it!
4. Make a Collage: These are easy, inexpensive and fun to work on. Print out 5-7 pictures for a small collage. Cut the pictures however you like and trace construction paper in the same shape behind the photo. Glue them to a board that will fit in the picture frame of your choice and Voila! Its a beautiful gift that they will cherish for many years to come.
5. Mixtape: The tried and true mixtape always works. These days you can burn a CD or even create a Spotify playlist. Fill it with songs that remind you of your significant other or meaningful songs between the two of you. Decorate the CD with colorful permanent markers to add a little something extra.
What are your favorite Valentine's Day ideas?
-Patti, contributing elfette