With earth day on April 22nd it’s so important to remember to try and reduce our carbon footprint. With global warming taking rise every lit bit helps. Here are a few key tips that you can do to better our earth and better your pocket book…who said doing good can’t also save you money!
· Carpool. Start a carpool group for work or for school, not only will you save money on gas but you are also helping save the environment.
· Switch to online bill pay to reduce paper waste
· Use a reusable bag at the grocery store, most stores will give you a discount towards your total
· Recycle your plastic, cans and glass and get cash for your good deeds by turning them into a recycle center
· Use a water filter and a fun container to store your drinking water so you don’t produce multiple waste and avoid cost from plastic water bottles
· Wash clothes in cold water when possible. As much as 85 percent of the energy used to machine-wash clothes goes to heating the water
· Use a drying rack or clothesline to save the energy otherwise used during machine drying. If you must use a dryer, consider adding dryer balls to cut drying time.
· Set your thermostat a few degrees lower in the winter and a few degrees higher in the summer to save on heating and cooling costs
· Install compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs), they use less energy which means lower energy bills
· Make your own non-toxic cleaning products. All you need are a few simple ingredients like baking soda, vinegar, lemon, and soap
· Use rechargeable batteries, they last longer which means less re-buying and less waste
What other ways can you go green?